Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Friday, February 13, 2015

Hurry, get the rake!

Yesterday, I could hear loud fussing outside my house.  I couldn't figure it out at first.  The sun was shining and it was well into the 50's.  So I decided to walk around the front yard. Lo and behold, I found where the fussing was coming from.  Buried under a mound of wet and rotting leaves were so many crocuses I could not count.  Yes, I had uncovered a few, but they have multiplied like crazy.  I have to give them props because they have grown through those layers of leaves and some are blooming.  They look so delicate, and yet, look at what they can do!  It makes me think about what I can do when those layers of heavy life experiences seem to crush me.  I can be like the crocus.  By the way, they are singing, and stretching their little buds toward the sun, today, and making me smile, and I am grateful for that!

No comments: