Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, February 17, 2014

Tangled ...and untangled

Yesterday, I washed a beautiful, highly fringed favorite table topper.  I always wait to wash it because it becomes such a tangled up mess, it takes me well over an hour to straighten out the fringe by hand so I can hang it up to dry. So I sat down and watched "Hairspray" and got to the untangling.  As I sat there, I thought about my life and how tangled up it gets. I realized that putting off untangling it just causes frustration and fear.  My precious table cover is hanging to dry - unaware of what it taught me today.  I just need to patiently untangle my messes, and things will get better.  Make a ripple, face the tangles, see what happens. 

No comments: