Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Thursday, February 6, 2014

"Oh, the weather outside is frightening..."

Winter has most of us caught with a vengeance.  We rush from the house into work or the store, cheeks stinging, toes frozen.  It is so beautiful and harsh.  If we are lucky, we have a warm place to go and thaw out.  If we're not, there are shelters, but maybe not enough.  My suggestion is to be grateful for what we have, maybe plan a spring (?) garden, for spring must surely come. In the meantime, find a way to help those who do not have what we do.  Give a blanket, a coat, or a donation to a local shelter.  Make a ripple, think of them, see what happens. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my mottos is, "buy one, give one." Yesterday I bought a jacket and a couple of new hoodies at the Rack with some of my Christmas money. Today I plan to go through my closet and give a couple of my older jackets to the homeless! YAY....win/win!!!