Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Thursday, January 15, 2015

The uncluttered mind

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to work with a population who's  I.Q. was considered lower than normal.  I always question what is normal, and in this case, still do!  These young persons were so focused on the moment they were in.  Many of them had no agenda, most of them were happy and doing the best they could. The majority of them had some physical difficulty in addition to their cognitive  difficulties.  What I noticed, was that because of these things, they were just what they were,  mostly happy, willing to help out, thoughtful of other's, and most of all, non-judgemental.  I wonder if we could take a page from their book.  How different would the world be if we took that approach to things on a daily basis?! Think about it!  

No comments: