Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Monday, November 25, 2013

Holidays...HUH...What are they good for?

Here it is, THANKSGIVING. Or is it? Hopefully we are all thankful for something. I expect we can think of many things that have enriched our lives in the past year. Life can always be better, but I for one feel that since I have chosen to look toward the positive, this has been a good year. I am a little confused, though.  In my mind, this is one of the few really important holidays.  It sets the stage for gratitude, which just creates more goodness in our lives. So, why would anyone think it is important to interrupt a family holiday by expecting part of the family to go to work. I realize some professions don't have a choice, but department stores do.  I am aware that money is the bottom line for everything. I sure don't agree when it comes to this! Let me congratulate the businesses who feel this is unnecessary, and view time with the family as invaluable. Find a way to make a ripple, and see what happens.

No comments: