Mission Statement

Dedicated to daily simple acts of random kindness to change the world

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Fear: Oh dear!

Fear is an emotion that can protect us, it can also paralyze us. Yesterday, a relative was over visiting and after sitting on our posteriors in front of the "eye" for many hours, she suggested that we go get some dinner.  I was good with that, having killed myself the day before cooking Thanksgiving dinner. The best part was that she was going to pay for it.  All I had to do was drive. "You buy, I fly!" However, when we walked outside, there was freezing rain. This is not what I love to drive in so I fussed and fussed. She cajoled me into going anyway, and after the windshield finally thawed and I could see, it was all smooth going. Slow,but smooth.  It reminded me that sometimes we just need to face our fears.  It felt good to get out and it felt even better to eat someone else's cooking. Make a ripple, wipe your mouth, and see what happens. :)

No comments: